Ok, last week when I was FRANTICALLY packing to leave for our weekend in Colorado, Kristy decided I needed ONE MORE thing to do (ornery isn't she) and replied to my blog to give me all these qestions to answer! Ok, so I didn't reply, and it has been a week, so here goes!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Yummy! Do I have to choose just one? Ok, more often I'd take Hot Chocolat.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree
Santa? Well, we wrap the presents under the tree. Not everything in stockings is wrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Usually. This year it fell by the wayside.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Right after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
MMMM… My mom's cranberry relish!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
The reading of the Christmas story from the Bible before presents on Christmas Eve
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
My parents told me from the beginning. We liked to play the game, but I always knew it was a game. They were sometimes even ANNOYING in interupting my pretending to make sure I hadn't gotten confused. (winks at parents who may be reading this blog)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We usually do our own “little family” gifts on Christmas Eve.
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?
Haven't ever done this since marriage, since we don't really do Santa.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes! Haven't in a while, and I'm no expert, but I get around on them ok.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Wow! I don't know! So many wonderful and thoughtful gifts and memories!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Jesus coming to Earth, fully God, Fully man, for US!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Gotta be something Chocolate
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Love Advent devotions, we use different things different years, but I love the family time spent reading together. I also enjoy the children checking to see if Jesus has come, and finding him on Christmas morning.
17. What tops your tree?
18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?
Wow, again, I don't know if I could choose just one! I LOVE the Christmas Hymns!
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Neither really. I enjoy a taste on occasion, but I'd rather have chocolate.